Monday, March 24, 2008

Random Thoughts from the Weekend

More semi random thoughts for over the weekend - some serious, some not so much...
1. I am way too addicted to Easter candy. The Easter bunny bought 13 bags of candy, plus extras like peeps for my 4 kids. Aaugh! Every year I think I've done better, but this is the worst yet.
2. Isn't spring nice. I love that the flowers are starting to grow. I love that the bad weather only lasts for a little while. I love that if I want to I can usually leave my coat in the car and run into a store without freezing. I LOVE SPRING!
3. Animals are really weird. The dog is crazy. She loves cookies and other baked goods. I have had to hide stuff up high from her all weekend. The cat is nuts. She walks around saying "Mamy mood" or Amy food all day long. I swear it is true. Plus Nemo the fish is freaking out because we cleaned his bowl this weekend. He makes me dizzy just watching him.
4. I have really cute and generally nice kids. We had a family dentist appointment at a new dentist last Friday, and I wouldn't have even know they were in the office if I hadn't brought them. They were so quiet. I guess years of hard work might just pay off. Then yesterday while I was catching a short nap (a necessity after primary) while the ham was in the oven, they cleaned out the whole basement pantry. It would have been a huge job by myself. Now all the food is neat and I can see what I have. What a nice Easter gift.
5. Did I mention that I love spring. The sun is shining and the kids can play outside. Go spring.
6. My primary president gave a great example of repentance yesterday. She showed a filthy plate and asked if the kids would want to eat off it. Then she talked about if she had rinsed it off right away and then washed it how much easier it would be. And she talked about the atonement and the resurrection. It was a neat sharing time.
7. I forgot how much easier it is to get things done when my kids don't have classes after school, or even school and I don't have to go to work. My house is starting to get clean. But today is back to dance and school starts on Wednesday so it won't last.
8. Work is starting to really busy up for the recital. Plus registration needs to be done before next Monday. That means schedules, registration forms, class signup sheets, finding the other alphabet organizer, finishing the class placement lists, all done by me. And I'm only supposed to work 5 hours this week. I think I might have to work late or a few extra days.
This is now a really long post. So I think I'm done with randomness for the day.

4 comments:

Windy said...

Emily (10 1/2) has gotten to the point where she behaves really well (though right now she's being bossy and driving Peter nuts). Peter and Laura (7 1/2 and almost 5) still amaze me with how poorly they behave. Sometimes I wonder if anything I say sinks in.

Trever and Heather said...

I love Spring too. It makes me cheery!

Renae said...

I'm totally Jealous! I feel like a crazed woman after everytime I have to visit the dentist with all of my children. The waiting room is very small, and we always seem to go directly after school, so they are extreemly wiggly and noisy.

Spring is Great!

The Southern Clan said...

Hi Shelly! I enjoyed your random thoughts. My kids are riding bikes and playing basketball like crazy right now. It is so awesome! -Leesha