Friday, February 29, 2008

Random Thoughts while sewing

These are a short composite of some of my random thoughts while sewing a skirt for Amy for Allison's wedding/Easter.

Why when you sew around the bottom of a skirt do you get dizzy? You are going in a straight line.

Why when you use math to figure out if you bought enough trim, it still doesn't work out?

Why does Josh Groban sing so well? He is my favorite sewing music.

Why is green, yellow, and orange popular now? They were when I was little many eons ago.

Why did my doctor tell me I was young and then say I might have to make some changes when I am 40 (the next time I have to have a physical) all in the same sentence?

Why is sewing so discouraging and yet I enjoy it all at the same time?

Why would a kid ever want to stay home from school? His mom is boring.

Why do I only ever manage to celebrate Rob's 1/2 birthday. I get four times the opportunity for everyone else.

Why do I have such strange random thoughts while I am sewing. Would I sew better/faster/easier if I didn't?

2 comments:

Malauna said...

I am glad to learn that I am not the only one who has random thoughts while sewing. As for the trim/math question. I always round up. Too often the same trim (or fabric) isn't available when I've gone back.

Trever and Heather said...

That's the reason why I haven't sewed since making Ava's baby room stuff. I hate making mistakes and having to take the time to unpick and then figure out how to re-sew. Also the reason why I still go to Mom's house when I do sew things, she unpicks for me!